Might just be me, but why does it seem like no one is voting on questions and answers on Linguistics.SE - I'd run some queries to attempt to prove this, but beta sites are not listed on the Data.SE site.
- on stackexchange, you can vote up or down on questions and just up on comments.
- Rep is calculated using rules to encourage certian kinds of voting:
- voting down on anything is -1 pt for you the voter (upvoting is better in comparison, and it discourages retaliatory voting).
- voting is free for questions -and- answers (both are encouraged).
- a voting greater than 1 to 4 ratio questions to answers for 600 votes on questions, is encouraged by a gold badge, Electorate.
- SE sites only get a place on data.SE only if they are out of beta.
- sometimes there are weird fluctuations in question or answer quality or just traffic altogether. Or people might be losing interest.