I've got a question about Old Norse onomastics, specifically how I could make a name that's typically masculine into a feminine one (and potentially vice-versa). Would linguistics.SE be the place to ask this kind of question, or is there another SE that I would want to take that to?

  • I guess it's on topic, but that doesn't mean that anyone here is qualified to answer. You may have to wait a long time.
    – curiousdannii Mod
    Mar 11, 2015 at 12:18
  • @curiousdannii That's quite all right. I'm happy to do research on the topic on my own as well, but more eyes on the question would definitely help, since I don't have infinite time to look myself. Mar 11, 2015 at 19:43
  • Still waiting for you to post that question, I'm looking forward to having a look at it.
    – user9315
    Mar 12, 2015 at 14:31
  • 1
    @MaxP Sorry about that! It's a busy week. I'll post it today and let people go for it. Mar 13, 2015 at 18:40

1 Answer 1


Yes, certainly. Go ahead and ask.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .