My native language is English, of the British variety, with a moderate, generalised inner London accent (as opposed to that of a specific locale, although its influences may or may not be heard). Always seeking to extend my grasp of language, I tend towards the formal, the elaborate, the precise; pedantic at times, but baroque always.
Ma connaissance de la langue français, au mieux c'est superficielle, au pire c'est à peine opérationnelle.
NB: I am only an amateur when it comes to linguistics. 对于语言学，我只是业余浅尝的。
London, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years, 5 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jul 15 '20 at 16:54
- Chinese Language 5k 5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Linguistics 4.9k 4.9k 1515 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Korean Language 1.8k 1.8k 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 416 416 22 silver badges55 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 311 311 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 27 What did European/American historical cooks do with the egg whites?
- 20 Why does Spanish tend to swap letters in words?
- 16 Do 之 and 的 come from the same word?
- 15 Which of 可爱/可愛い was exported to the other between Chinese and Japanese?
- 15 dear, ear, fear, gear, hear, near ... why are bear/pear pronounced differently?
- 14 What is an “exoactive” Chinese character?
- 13 Rudeness by being polite
- View more network posts →