I'm a PhD candidate in linguistics, with diverse interests including phonetics, phonology, morphology, language documentation, historical linguistics and sociolinguistics. I am particularly interested in the languages of Africa, Papua New Guinea and Australia. I'm also very interested in methods of making linguistic knowledge and materials more accessible and available to linguists and non-linguists alike.
Member for 9 years, 2 months
13 profile views
Last seen May 27 '12 at 5:12
Top network posts
- 38 When should one use slashes or square brackets when transcribing in IPA?
- 21 Weird behavior of two fruits' names (ananas/pineapple, banana/plátano)
- 20 Are there any languages that mark nouns as mass?
- 17 What explains the Icelandic language conservatism?
- 12 Are there guides to analysing phonetic data in R?
- 12 When and how do children learn to distinguish languages?
- 12 Are any of the isolating languages of East Asia showing signs of gaining inflections?
- View more network posts →