Member for 10 years, 9 months
Last seen more than 6 years ago
I am a father, a software engineer, a pianist, a dancer, and an over-thinker.
Posts I'd like to highlight
On computers and computing
- How can 32-bit architectures handle numbers larger than the maximum value of a 32-bit integer?
- On writing C++ as if it were Java
- Contrived schemes for environments that can behave as though they "solve" the halting problem
- My first and so-far only Vim plugin, which was not even written by me
- On a feature of an obscure fork of a Vim plugin that I wish would be supported natively by Vim
- On the history of
On popular culture
- What the heck is going on in Janelle Monáe's Metropolis suites?
- Is Miracle Max's assertion that "as everyone knows, to blathe means to bluff" true?
- What does the Joker mean by "Whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you stranger"?
- On silent films and film scores
- On hilariously fishy artists on music-streaming-services
- On religion, critical thinking, freedom, and good parenting
- On prescriptivism and descriptivism (yeah, I know this wasn't well received by the English.SE community, but I stand by it)
- On the distinctions between different ways of saying "a lot" of information
- How to play difficult piano music
- How to play difficult music on any instrument
- Some music theory about the piano's black notes and white notes
With all those links above I'm now out of room :/