My primary research is in figurative language and discourse but I've also taught intro to general linguistics, basic phonology and language and education. I'm interested in bi-lingualism, social variation, anthropological linguistics and blog about all on MetaphorHacker.net.
I've also been involved in teaching foreign languages and teacher training. I've taught Czech to foreigners and co-written a grammar and textbook (see Czechly.com) and I've worked as a regional language specialist for the US Peace Corps. I've also been the academic director of a private TEFL teacher training school.
Top network posts
- 27 Do unschooled people use cases correctly, e.g. in Germany and in Russia?
- 19 Does majority of linguists accept universal grammar?
- 17 How old is linguistics as a discipline?
- 15 Can you give some examples of counter-intuitive phenomena discovered by linguists?
- 14 Is Language infinite?
- 13 Is it possible to become fluent in any language simply by reading books in that language?
- 13 Why are Native American names translated?
- View more network posts →