Top network posts
- 68 Why do most words for "mother", across languages, start with an [m], and for "father" with [p]/[b], but not vice versa?
- 21 What's the term for correspondence between the written and the spoken form of a language?
- 18 Which modern, spoken languages do not use the decimal number system?
- 16 Are there any non-Indo-European languages with go-periphrasis?
- 14 What meaningful distinction is there between morphology and syntax?
- 14 What is necessary to decide if Lusitanian is a Celtic language?
- 14 Is there a word or phrase for someone who strongly disapproves of smoking, drinking and gambling?
- View more network posts →