Top network posts
- 65 Why do most words for "mother", across languages, start with an [m], and for "father" with [p]/[b], but not vice versa?
- 21 What's the term for correspondence between the written and the spoken form of a language?
- 18 Which modern, spoken languages do not use the decimal number system?
- 16 Are there any non-Indo-European languages with go-periphrasis?
- 14 What is necessary to decide if Lusitanian is a Celtic language?
- 14 Is there a word or phrase for someone who strongly disapproves of smoking, drinking and gambling?
- 13 Does English have [ inchoative aspect ]?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (5)
7 Are auxiliary languages on-topic? Jun 5 '12
3 Review queue number not clearing Dec 26 '16
2 Should we have tags for individual languages? Apr 15 '13
1 What orthographies are acceptable in questions? Nov 28 '14
1 Adding to the FAQ: linguistic terminology Jun 1 '12