I am a 2nd year PhD student at the University of Maryland, studying Linguistics. I work in (morpho)syntax, and dabble in semantics and psycholinguistics. My research interests are in the structure and interpretation of the noun phrase from a crosslinguistic perspective, the structure of Bengali and Indo-Aryan, the representation of argument and event structure, and constraints on variation in grammar and parsing.
Outside of Linguistics I'm interested in religion and atheism, issues related to social justice (particularly for religious and ethnic minorities and people with disabilities), new(-ish) media (internet culture, comic books, video games, various electronics), and various aspects of nerd culture. I have a cat.
Top network posts
- 13 Are there languages in which plural classifiers co-occur with numerals?
- 8 Is there any language that expresses the category D but doesn't have inverse scope?
- 7 What is exactly "descriptivism"?
- 6 What meaningful distinction is there between morphology and syntax?
- 6 Are there any other rules for adjective order?
- 5 Recommendations on the current state of parameters as explanation in acquisition?
- 5 What are the different ways in which languages express the notion of passivity?
- View more network posts →