Research interests: syntax, linguistic morphology, typology, historical linguistics, lexicography, lexicology, psycholinguistics, language acquisition, British accents
Linguista sum; linguistici nihil a me alienum puto.
'I am a linguist and I consider nothing having to do with language as foreign to me.' (Jakobson's motto)
Ducúnt volentem fáta, nolentém trahunt.
'The fates lead the willing and drag the unwilling."
Member for 8 years, 3 months
11 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Latin Language 8.9k 8.9k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Linguistics 7.5k 7.5k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 474 474 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Area 51 201 201 33 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 28 How do I pluralize a name ending in "y"?
- 27 Why doesn't "its" have an apostrophe?
- 23 Rhotacism: why?
- 23 Data pronunciation: "dayta" or "dahta"?
- 22 What punctuation was used in Classical Latin?
- 20 What are the reasons to count Armenian as an Indo-European language?
- 18 How are languages deciphered?
- View more network posts →