Member for 9 years, 10 months
I’m a PhD student in linguistics at the University of British Columbia. I work on Tlingit, a critically endangered language of northern British Columbia, the Yukon, and southeast Alaska. I also have extensive interests in the related Athabaskan languages, language documentation theory and practice, orthography design, morphological theory, phonological theory, and the syntax of noun phrases and relativization.
I’ve been using TeX and friends for more than a decade. I use Xe(La)TeX, fontspec, memoir, and BibLaTeX extensively, and I am working on a BibLaTeX style for linguistics publications. Other packages I use frequently include pst-jtree, expex, and booktabs. I’m learning PGF/TikZ and considering developing a library to produce autosegmental representation diagrams. I do my writing in TeXShop, and my TeX programming in MacVim, having abandoned FSF Emacs and XEmacs due to their perpetually disappointing Unicode rendering.
Top network posts
- 23 Are there languages with other spatial deixis besides "here", "there" and "over there"?
- 15 How exactly does an obviate proximate system work?
- 11 Biblatex: Changing the font of citation-marks and the references?
- 11 Are there languages with contrasting unvoiced aspirated, unaspirated, and ejective stops?
- 7 How did the Arabic word "allah" come to have an /lˤ/ ("emphatic l")?
- 6 What is the reason for the semantic change bowl/pot/cup > head?
- 5 Making mixed trees with and without text-containing nodes
- View more network posts →