I have a PhD in linguistics. My areas of interest include language documentation, Tibeto-Burman linguistics, gesture, language play, LOLspeak, evidentiality and making bad puns. I blog about language and linguistics at www.superlinguo.com
Member for 9 years, 9 months
6 profile views
Last seen Aug 12 '13 at 6:21
Top network posts
- 26 The relationship between "orange" the colour and "orange" the fruit
- 22 Do some languages have articles besides the definite and indefinite articles?
- 17 Why do most words for "mother", across languages, start with an [m], and for "father" with [p]/[b], but not vice versa?
- 17 Languages with a 12th Basic Color Term
- 16 Are there any Sino-Tibetan languages that don't have an isolating morphology?
- 16 Is Nicaraguan Sign Language the only language born from nothing?
- 14 Are first words in signed languages composed of signs that babies frequently babble?
- View more network posts →