Retired from IT. Always played with languages and linguistics, though not formally studied any (beyond the age of 15). At one time much involved with constructed languages Loglan and then Lojban. Since my 30s, heavily involved in theatre.
Teacher of Self Esteem Enhancement and Power of Purpose courses in the More To Life programme.
Co-founder of Paradise Green Promotions, a company which runs venues at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Owner of The Bradford Playhouse. Morris and sword dancer.
Passions: languages, music, theatre, maths.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 3 months
17 profile views
Last seen Dec 23 '20 at 18:32
- English Language & Usage 72.5k 72.5k 11 gold badge8686 silver badges182182 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 50.3k 50.3k 33 gold badges6363 silver badges9999 bronze badges
- Linguistics 5.9k 5.9k 1717 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1717 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Latin Language 576 576 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 263 “GOD is real, unless declared integer.”
- 114 What is the purpose of (-s) in "Don't hurts us"?
- 90 Can I use "You can" rather than "Could you" in restaurants?
- 68 Should I say "She is in the park" or "She is at the park"?
- 66 Follow me, and your urologist will be buying himself a new yacht
- 66 "provide" vs. "provide with"
- 63 Why do sentences that start with "guess" end with a question mark?
- View more network posts →