Retired from IT. Always played with languages and linguistics, though not formally studied any (beyond the age of 15). At one time much involved with constructed languages Loglan and then Lojban. Since my 30s, heavily involved in theatre.
Teacher of Self Esteem Enhancement and Power of Purpose courses in the More To Life programme.
Co-founder of Paradise Green Promotions, a company which runs venues at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. Owner of The Bradford Playhouse. Morris and sword dancer.
Passions: languages, music, theatre, maths.
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Member for 9 years, 10 months
17 profile views
Last seen Dec 23 '20 at 18:32
- English Language & Usage 73.1k 73.1k 11 gold badge8888 silver badges186186 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 55.7k 55.7k 33 gold badges7979 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- Linguistics 6.1k 6.1k 1818 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.3k 3.3k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Latin Language 576 576 33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 266 “GOD is real, unless declared integer.”
- 114 What is the purpose of (-s) in "Don't hurts us"?
- 90 Can I use "You can" rather than "Could you" in restaurants?
- 68 Should I say "She is in the park" or "She is at the park"?
- 66 "provide" vs. "provide with"
- 66 Follow me, and your urologist will be buying himself a new yacht
- 63 Why do sentences that start with "guess" end with a question mark?
- View more network posts →